GDPR in practice - e-learning
On 25 May 2018 the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has come into effect. This European legislation wants to improve the protection of personal data. This training course answers all the questions you may have as an employee concerning the GDPR.
- indicate what the GDPR is about and which data are protected by this law;
- give a summary of the role of companies and organisations in the protection of personal data;
- inform you about your rights and obligations as a citizen and as an employee;
- teach you to apply the GDPR directive fluently and also to prevent abuse.
The training course can be taken by various target groups which are active in the following functions, among others:
- all collaborators making use of personal data.
Basic level: Mainly covers theoretical concepts to provide a general overview (introduction).
The training course consists of two interactive modules in which theory, videos and exercises are combined.
The impact of the GDPR legislation on personal data:
- First we talk about your privacy in the Internet era. Do you remember which companies and websites have access to your private data?
- In the second part we zoom in on GDPR: what is this law about, and how does it protect personal data?
- Then we look at how personal data are processed, and what the processor should take into account.
- Finally we consider the rights of an individual: can you for example arrange to alter or even delete data?
The impact of the GDPR directive on organisations and the responsibility of employees:
- First we study the legal framework: when are you allowed to process your data and how should you do that?
- In the second part we focus on services and applications: what do you have to take into account when developing a new product?
- After that, you learn more about how to protect your data against abuse, and which measures you should take if things go wrong nevertheless.
- Finally we see which persons and authorities play a role in the protection of your privacy. Who is responsible for the correct processing and who exercises control over this?
At the end of each module you will get a number of test questions. Passing this test (minimum rate 75%) entitles you to training points.
- Subscribe to this E-learning course by clicking the ‘ik schrijf mij in’ button.
- In the last step of the subscription form you can choose to pay online or by bank transfer. After you have received confirmation of your subscription, we will send you an invoice by e-mail.
- When we have received your payment, we will approve your subscription and you will receive an e-mail with your activation link for the E-learning course.
Type of course:
- E-learning: You can take this training course via e-learning by using an online learning platform, with the possibility of studying the subject matter.
Bank: De opleiding betreft de technische kennis m.b.t. de financiële producten in bank- en beleggingsdiensten overeenkomstig art. 7, §1, 1°, b en c van het K.B. van 1 juli 2006.
Banque: Les connaissances techniques relatives aux produits financiers et aux services bancaires et d'investissement, conformément à l'article 7, §1, 1°, b et c. de l'AR du 1er juillet 2006.
Verzekeringen: De opleiding betreft de technische kennis m.b.t. de onderscheiden verzekeringstakken, overeenkomstig art. 270 van de wet van 4 april 2014.
Assurances: Les connaissances techniques relatives aux différentes branches d'assurance, conformément à l'article 270 de la loi du 4 juillet 2014.